Ministry of Culture "reclaims" Lavra’s All Pechersk Saints temple
A paper appeared on the door of the Lavra’s Church of All Venerable Fathers saying that the Ministry of Culture "regained" the church.
On April 25, 2023, a document appeared on the door of the Church of All Saints of the Caves Lavra (Lower Lavra), which states that "according to Act No. 7 on April 25, the object was returned to the use of the reserve." The logos of the Ministry of Culture and Reserve are placed in the paper cap. It is also indicated that the entrance for visitors is free.
The building of the church of All Pechersk Saints was built in 1839. Initially, monastic cells were located here. In 1872, the Church of the Pechersk Saints was opened on the second floor of the building. In 1924, the Bolsheviks took this building from the Church along with the entire Lavra. The temple was destroyed, and the Soviet authorities opened an exhibition hall in its place.
In 2002, by the efforts of the monastery, a church in honor of All the Monks of Kyiv Caves was again built and opened in the premises.
We remind you that no actions of the Ministry of Culture on the territory of the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra can have legal force until the court's decision.